Joy to the world, the Holidays are here! Oh what fun it is to decorate, shop, wrap, cook, host and plan events….or at least it is with TULA by your side. Let us ease the search for the best Holiday themed events and activities!
- Visit the Miracle Pop-Up Bar: This whimsical pop-up cocktail bar (this year located on 5th Street) will immerse guests into a non-negotiable state of Christmas spirit. It is certain to 'convert even the grouchiest of grinches'.
- Zilker Park Trail of Lights This annual event in Zilker Park celebrates the unique spirit and people that make Austin the place we love to call home.The 58th annual Austin Trail of Lights will return to the city's iconic Zilker Park December 8-23, 2022! The most beloved, and longest running holiday tradition of its kind in Texas’ capital city, Austin.
- LaLa's Year-Round Christmas Themed Bar is the OG holiday bar. It is not a pop-up....it is literally Christmas all year round. Founded in 1972, Lala's Little Nugget has long been one of the divining and endearing bars of Austin, Texas for decades. With the halls decked with boughs of holly year round, Santa and his reindeer perched on the roof and generations of Christmas memorabilia, Lala's is a North Pole oasis in Central Texas.
- Mozart's Coffee Roasters Light Show: The weather is cooling down and the holidays are coming out; it’s time to dance, the annual Light Show at Mozarts OR the nautical light show is a must see holiday adventure. For Reserved Table Tickets - you can select your day, your time, and your table location to enjoy ATX's most famous holiday tradition.
- Blue Genie Art Bazaar is the must see event for supporting small and mostly local. They also have great options for shopping online!
- Peppermint Parkway at Circuit of the Americas: This drive-thu holiday spectacular with a mile of holiday displays. millions of lights, dancing characters and a holiday plaza full of food, rides, activities and more should definitely be on your list!
- The Armadillo Christmas Bazaar celebrates nearly five decades of holiday shopping in Austin, TX. They are known for our curated collection of art, gifts and live music in a festive, family friendly, entertaining atmosphere. Find last minute Christmas gifts that come from the heart, new art for your personal collection, have a cocktail and tap your toes at this iconic Austin event.
- Ice Skating on the Plaza at Whole Foods: Who doesn't want to go ice skating on the rooftop of the downtown Whole Foods store? Open from 11am until 9pm, daily! The cost, $10 per person, covers your skating until you leave the rink for the day.
- Snow tubing at Colorado Adventure Park in Fraser. For roughly $30/hr you can go down a variety of hill speeds and take the magic carpet back up.
- Georgetown Loop Railroad features Santa’s Rocky Mountain Adventure (daytime train) and Santa’s Lighted Forest. People return year after year for this adventure that’s not too far from the Denver metro area. This event sells out but there are still a few spots left for this Holiday season.
- Holiday Tea at the Brown Palace. If you haven’t been inside the Brown Palace at the Holidays it’s a sight not to be missed. Although reservations are limited they also offer a breakfast with Santa. While it may be too late for this year.... this is your reminder to mark your calendar to get your reservation extra early next fall! :)
- Rudolph the show! Rudolph is coming to the Buell Theatre at the Denver Center for the Performing Arts December 16-18th.
- Christmas in Color is an animated drive through light show sure to please the whole family. With locations at Bandimere Speedway and Water World it’s a perfect way to see lights without having to map out all the houses. Pricing starts at $35 per vehicle.
- The Colorado Ballet performs the NutCracker at the Ellie Caulkins Opera House from November 26th through December 24th.
- Book a staycation at the Gaylord Rockies and immerse yourself in Holiday activities from tubing, a Cirque show, ice carvings, breakfast with Charlie Brown and so much more!
- Visit the Miracle Pop-Up Bar: This whimsical pop-up cocktail bar (this year located at Union Station) will immerse guests into a non-negotiable state of Christmas spirit. It is certain to 'convert even the grouchiest of grinches'.
- Luminova Holidays at Elitch Gardens: While most Denverites flock to Zoo lights or Blossoms of Light (both also great) this holiday spectacle and light display is less crowded (especially if you book tickets for right when it opens) and has even more to-do (rides, food trucks, ad and more lights to enjoy!
- Ice Skating on Evergreen Lake is always a favorite. What is better than ice skating on a quaint mountain lake with beautiful views and a warm log lodge offering overly sweet hot cocoa. :)
Annnnnnnnd if this list leaves you wanting to do all the things and you want help threading together the most perfect holiday stay-cation with in-laws or friends, booking tickets and or simply scheduling weekend activities....consider this your not-so-subtle reminder that TULA assistants make excellent holiday elves. :)