Tis' the season of colder temps, warm cozy food and sweets & cookies everywhere.
This recipe was shared with me ten years ago at my wedding shower from a dear friend. It has become my a go-to for neighbor holiday gifts, school cookie drives, and just the most cozy, homey dessert you ever did have.
The best part….they are good and delicious ANY time of year.
*Add smashed peppermint sticks for a little festive flair.
- 1 c. flour
- 1 c. oats
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. butter- softened
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. brown sugar- packed
- 1/2 c. peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1.5 tsp vanilla
- 6 (1 ounce) squares semi-sweet baking chocolate - chopped
- Preheat oven to 375
- Mix flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder & salt. Set aside.
- Beat butter, sugars and peanut butter in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla; mix well.
- Gradually add flour mixture, mixing until well blended after each addition. Stir in chocolate
- Drop heaping tablespoons of dough, 2 inches apart, onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned
- Let cool for 1 minute
- Remove from baking sheet to wire racks.
- Cool completely....(or not...we won't tell)
- ENJOY!!!! YUMMMMMM